This Micorosft Office Recipe is intended to aid customers and partners to develop a strategy and then install Office in their Unidesk environments . This recipe covers all versions of Microsoft Office. Installation, licensing, activation, updating and layering strategy are all discussed.
Remember that thorough testing in your environment with your configuration is critical to providing a stable computing environment.
Keywords: Office 2003 Office 2007 Office 2010 Office 2013 2016 VAMT ospp.vbs KMS
There is an issue with Office KMS Activation on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 desktops when the VMware View Agent is installed. For some reason with the View Agent installed Office will not activate on first run or via the ospp.vbs script. The system thinks it has no product key installed for office. To solve this problem we developed a script that can be run during build or boot of the desktop. The script performs the following actions:
- Changes to c:\windowws\setup\scripts
- Stops the View Agent Service
- Runs MofComp.exe to Rebuild the Office WMI database if it exists (only in Office 2010)
- Runs Winword /r (This registers word but more importantly configures the office installation)
- Inputs the included office KMS keys using ospp.vbs /inpkey: based on the existence of flag files
- Activates Office (any of the apps with keys installed) using ospp.vbs /act against KMS
- Starts the View Agent Service
- Changes back to the kmsdir folder
You can deploy this fix as part of the OS layer and your Office layers or in a separate application layer. We would recommend adding the script to your OS layer, then adding the appropriate flag files (see below) to your Office layers.
The best way to deploy these scripst is using the new Gold Image Tools Version 5.x. To download goto http://www.unidesk.com/forum/scripts-and-utilities/unidesk-gold-image-tools-v501-experimental . Direction are included wiht the recipe. - Rob
1-26-2016 Updated to reflect using Gold Image Tools version 5.x for Office Activation.
Updated 2-18-2016 Fixed some confusing wording
Updtaed 9-7-2016 for elastic layering