XenApp More Apps with Unidesk
XenApp More Apps with Unidesk
Eliminate image management inefficiency.
Deliver different apps to users at login.
Use the same app layers in Azure.
End costly PC refresh cycles.
Unidesk won Best of Citrix Synergy 2016 for New Technology for bringing 3 "killer features" to XenApp:
- Layered Images™. Patch your Windows Server OS and app layers once, and use Unidesk's integration with Citrix PVS and MCS to distribute Layered Images to all of your XenApp servers. If you're currently managing 20 different vDisks, your monthly management costs will be 1/20th what they are today.
- Elastic Layering™. Deliver different personal and departmental apps to XenApp users at login. Unidesk Elastic Layering makes XenApp shared hosted desktops as customizable as persistent VDI, so you eliminate costly PC refresh cycles and local app installations by using XenApp to deliver all of your apps.
- Platform Layers™. Migrate desktop apps to the cloud without re-packaging. Unidesk Platform Layers abstract out platform-specific drivers and settings, enabling the same app layers used on-premises to be delivered through any cloud, starting with Azure.
Explore how Unidesk application packaging and lifecycle management software enables you to reduce the cost of XenApp image management, extend XenApp to all of your apps and users for less than the cost of PC refresh, and deliver Windows workspaces from the cloud to handle bursts and achieve affordable, "pay-as-you-go" disaster recovery.
As the leader in application layering, Unidesk adds unparalleled value to Citrix XenApp implementations. For enterprises and service providers with many Windows apps, multiple silos, or the need to keep platform and cloud options open for the future, Unidesk is the clear choice.
|Package any app separate from the Windows OS as a virtual disk layer with an ordinary install|
|Package Windows desktop and server operating systems as virtual disk layers|
|Deliver app and OS layers to any number of Citrix XenApp servers|
|Deliver app layers to individual XenApp sessions|
|Deliver app and OS layers to Citrix XenDesktop desktops|
|Flexible layer assignment by user, AD attribute, VM, or delivery group|
|Flexible app delivery – Layered Images (out-of-band layering for delivery to XenApp servers pre-boot) and
Elastic Layering (in-guest attachment of apps at session logon based on Active Directory user and group membership)
|99%+ app compatibility – drivers, system services, apps that run while users are logged out|
|Personalization layer for persistent personalization of shared hosted desktops|
|Lifecycle management – auditing, versioning, rollback of layers|
|Broad end user computing platform support|
|Path to the cloud with full support for Azure|
Unidesk and Citrix are partnering to bring simplicity to the management of mobile workspaces. Together, we make it easier for IT to deliver applications and desktops to any device on any network or cloud. Unidesk is Citrix Ready certified to enhance:
- Citrix XenApp - Unidesk reduces costs by eliminating inefficient XenApp silo management, the need to patch multiple vDisk images, and application virtualization issues. Unidesk extends XenApp to more apps and more users with the ability to deliver departmental and personal apps to individual sessions at user logon.
- Citrix XenDesktop - Unidesk accelerates virtual desktop deployments by enabling you to deliver any Windows app to any set of users without installation or app virtualization complexity. Unidesk reduces costs by enabling your entire VDI environment to be built on a single Windows OS layer.
"Unidesk’s advanced layering technology has been verified in Citrix XenDesktop environments to help streamline the management of desktops and applications. By earning Citrix Ready verification for XenApp, they are now extending the value of their solution, which can ease management and simplify the upgrade process for our customers."
Vice President, Product Marketing, Desktops and Apps, Citrix
Unidesk leverages the full feature set of Citrix XenApp for easy integration into existing deployments.
- Citrix Receiver
Desktops and sessions with Unidesk layers are securely accessed through Citrix Receiver and all supported client devices.
- HDX and HDX Mobile
The Citrix HDX and HDX Mobile protocols provide a high-definition user experience on any device, over any network. With Citrix HDX and HDX Mobile, the virtual experience rivals a local PC, even when using multimedia, real-time voice and video collaboration, USB peripherals and 3D graphics. Unidesk-layered Windows apps become mobile device aware and optimized to support touch gestures and other native mobile device features. Integrated WAN optimization capabilities boost network efficiency and performance, even over challenging, high-latency networks.
- Support for all leading hypervisors
Deploy Unidesk and Citrix XenApp together on Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, or VMware vSphere.
- Support for Windows versions and 16-, 32-, and 64-bit apps
Citrix XenApp and Unidesk together support 16-, 32-, and 64-bit applications running on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS)
Publish Unidesk Layered Images to Citrix PVS for distribution to any number of XenApp servers. Leverage the proven ability of PVS to manage image delivery with Unidesk's unique ability to manage image content.
- Citrix Profile Management
Profile management ensures that each user’s personal settings are applied to virtual desktops and sessions layered by Unidesk, regardless of the location and end point device.
Try Unidesk with Citrix XenApp
Unidesk's new killer features for Citrix XenApp are now generally available. Add Unidesk to your existing XenApp environment with one virtual appliance installation to experience how you can:
- Patch Windows Server and apps once, instead of once for every XenApp vDisk and delivery group.
- Deliver different departmental and personal apps to XenApp published desktops at user login, eliminating the need to buy new PCs and install apps locally.