Unidesk Application Management for Credit Unions
Unidesk Application Management for Credit Unions
Unidesk is the package-once, deliver-anywhere app management solution for modern Windows workspaces, bringing new levels of app mobility to users and new levels of efficiency to IT.
Benefits for all Stakeholders
Tellers and staff save minutes a day with personalized applications and desktops. They respond faster to customers with instant access to all data and apps, and gain remote access capabilities from any computing device.
IT spends less time keeping core apps such as Fiserv, departmental apps, and Windows operating systems up to date. Day-to-day app management, patching, and break/fix are transitioned to help desk and Tier 1 administrators, freeing up senior IT staff.
Leadership maintains compliance and control with data center-hosted desktops and apps that are more secure, more up-to-date, and more accessible. End user computing is future-proof, with an easy path to the cloud.
A Better Way to Manage and Update Fiserv
Fiserv DataSafe and DNA are the core financial services applications used by many credit unions. Unidesk is the proven way to virtualize Fiserv in Citrix XenApp and VDI environments. Here are the technical reasons why Unidesk app layering is better than any other application management technology for delivering Fiserv and other core banking apps.
- Simple app packaging. With Unidesk, you install Fiserv one time like you would on a regular desktop, using the standard setup procedure. All files, directories, and registry keys are captured as a virtual disk "layer." The Fiserv layer can now be assigned to any number of virtual machines or sessions without ever having to install the app again.
- Looks like a local install. Unlike app virtualization technologies that use process isolation technology to hide apps from Windows, Unidesk layering uses file system and registry virtualization technology to seamlessly blend Fiserv with other assigned app layers and your base Windows operating system layer. Fiserv will look like it has been hand-installed everywhere.
- Full app interoperability. Fiserv needs to interoperate with reporting tools, PDF writers, and other financial services applications. No other application management technology enables this interoperability without all apps being packaged together, which adds complexity and creates duplicate packages to manage. Unidesk enables all apps to be layered separately and managed once. IT gets simplicity, and users get the interoperability they expect.
- Instant patch rollback. Updates to Fiserv can have unintended side effects that impact all tellers and staff. Unidesk layers enable you to "undo" patches to quickly resolve issues and avoid costly downtime. Simply assign an earlier version the Fiserv layer, and all VMs and sessions will be rolled back to their previous working state.
Better for Managing Other Apps, Too
Credit Unions have many use cases, requiring many different Windows desktop applications. Why waste time trying to virtualize them with other application management solutions? Even with dedicated experts, you'll find that some apps take days or even weeks to package. And at best, you'll only succeed in virtualizing 60-70% of your apps. You'll still need a strategy to deliver the rest.
Unidesk is the only proven solution that can manage and deliver all apps. Anyone on your IT team can package any Windows desktop application as a virtual disk container in a few minutes. Create as many of these layers as you want with an ordinary install. Then simply assign them to any number of virtual desktops or session hosts through point and click. It's that easy.
Microsite 2015 Shared - Every Platform every Cloud
Citrix? Microsoft? VMware? Cloud? Yes.
Many organizations deliver key apps through Citrix XenApp. Unidesk eliminates image management inefficiencies common in XenApp environments. By leveraging Unidesk integration with Citrix Provisioning Server, you will only patch Windows and apps once, instead of once for every XenApp silo and vDisk. And with Unidesk Elastic Layering and Session Container innovations, you can expand XenApp to 100% of your apps and all users by giving all users - for the first time - their own unique apps and persistent personalization.
For Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon, Unidesk is simply the fastest and easiest way to virtualize every app and provide every VDI user with a personal user experience.
Unidesk works with all other end user computing, hypervisor, and cloud solutions as well, so you can keep your options open. Use Unidesk to:
- Eliminate image sprawl in Citrix XenApp or Microsoft RDSH server farms.
- Expand existing XenApp infrastructure to all apps and users with VDI-like capabilities.
- Simplify app delivery in VDI environments with Citrix XenDesktop or VMware Horizon.
- Implement virtual desktops at much lower cost with Microsoft VDI on Hyper-V.
- Leverage Azure to deliver Windows apps from the cloud.
Less Time on Personalization, More Time with Customers
Tellers and other credit union staff need a consistent user experience. Whether they’re based at the main office, working from a branch location, or catching up at home, they’ll be more efficient if they can pick up where they left off using any endpoint device. VDI and XenApp sessions often lose personal settings, forcing users to spend valuable time re-arranging icons, redoing settings, and re-installing plug-ins.
With Unidesk personalization layers, tellers and staff spend more time with customers, and less time re-customizing their workspaces. Unidesk preserves all changes – icons, settings, plug-ins, even user-installed apps. Yet administrators can rest easy knowing that these user customizations will not interfere with the IT-controlled, read-only OS and application layers.
Unidesk Credit Union Customers
Featured Case Studies
NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
A leading Vermont-based financial co-operative is keeping secure financial data off the “edge” and transforming application access for tellers and staff by virtualizing 100% of its applications - including its core financial app, Fiserv. Unidesk is making it possible.View Case Study →