VMware View for AEC Firm? STV Shares Keys to "VDI 2.0" Success
January 16, 2014
1 hour, 4 minutes
100 desktops and quickly growing to 500 desktops
VMware Horizon View
3D CAD apps and demanding power users across 30 regional offices aren't your typical VDI use case. Yet, architectural engineering firm STV, Inc. is finding success implementing virtual desktops in its private cloud.
How is STV on pace to deploy VDI to 1,000+ users, with day-to-day administration handled by Tier 1 IT staff?
Join Matt Dierolf, Chris Bradt, and Steven Icenhour to learn how Dell, Unidesk and VMware are giving their firm a better way to manage Windows® desktops. The STV IT team will answer your questions, and explain:
- What makes "VDI 2.0" easier and better than before
- How to package and update all apps in minutes - even complex ones like Autodesk
- How to market and sell VDI internally
- How to maximize IOPS and graphics performance
- How to give users persistent desktops and admin rights without increasing storage and helpdesk costs
- How to use VDI for business survivability and DR
If you're looking for a fast, simple way to deploy or scale VMware Horizon View, don't miss this webinar!